Breaking Star Sports 1 Tamil HD & Telugu HD Started On AsiaSat 7 At 105.5°E

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread is about Star Sports 1 Tamil and Telugu HD, not Disney+ Hotstar and how it is better or worse than Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, SonyLIV and everyone else.

Please stick to the topic and post general discussions either in a general thread or in the appropriate OnlyTech forum. Other upcoming channels like Asianet Movies HD have their own threads and we should respect the thread title.

As far as both of your arguments for and against DPHS are concerned I agree with both of your points. Yes, IPL and HBO are a loss for DPHS but that doesn’t mean that it will fall below SonyLIV overnight.
It's about strategies and preferences given by the company. I didn't made any comparison of Hotstar with any other platform. I think you now did by comparing it with Sony Liv.

I didn't made any comparison of Hotstar with any other platform. I think you now did by comparing it with Sony Liv.
It was mentioned earlier in the thread. Anyway I don’t think I will be replying in this thread further.
Just look at range of content provided on Zee5, Sony Liv, Voot vs what is provided on Disney+Hotstar and even the pricing + range of plans available....clearly Disney+Hotstar is far ahead and hence has 57 million paid subscribers which is almost 3 times of amazon prime video around 10 or 12 times that of Netflix and even multiple times ahead of zee5, Sony Liv, Voot.....add to it FTA subscriber base of disney+hotstar and the lead will further widen.

You are the one that don't have the ability to ever accept anything but what you believe in. Except for some second output deal like with Mulan with Zee5 and one old Hulu show that is available on Prime Video. Everything else is available on Disney+ Hotstar.

Nah, you don't know the meaning of niche. To you if Golmaal and Singham would air on Star Gold Select. It will become niche to you. Niche is what meant for select few niche audience. Movies meant for a select art of movie lovers. Something like Sacred Games, Jamtara is not for your niche audience.
Buddy i can give endless examples of shows/movies produced by disney and its subsidiaries whose rights r not with Disney not only for India but in many cases even the worldwide rights. As i have stated reason for the same differ for various such shows or movies. Anyways let's test ur knowledge, there is a 2011 movie I am Number Four and 2016 Movie BFG , it was available on hotstar and star india also had their satellite rights for a very long time (even when star india was owned by fox and had movie output deal with disney) but few years back both rights expired. If i can explain why then i shall somewhat assume that have knowledge on this topic. I can even list out other examples wherein disney+hostar has not yet held rights or had certain content which has been produced in other countries thru won self its subsidiaries but that is for some other day.

So u mean Sacred Games is a show which fits in mass viewership category then i have nothing more to add. Tomorrow u may say that Barfi is a movie which falls in mainstream if it is aired on Star Gold or is available Netflix. Niche means it has appeal among select audience.... Such content can air anywhere or be available on any platform definition remains same

Buddy i can give endless examples of shows/movies produced by disney and its subsidiaries whose rights r not with Disney not only for India but in many cases even the worldwide rights. As i have stated reason for the same differ for various such shows or movies. Anyways let's test ur knowledge, there is a 2011 movie I am Number Four and 2016 Movie BFG , it was available on hotstar and star india also had their satellite rights for a very long time (even when star india was owned by fox and had movie output deal with disney) but few years back both rights expired. If i can explain why then i shall somewhat assume that have knowledge on this topic. I can even list out other examples wherein disney+hostar has not yet held rights or had certain content which has been produced in other countries thru won self its subsidiaries but that is for some other day.

So u mean Sacred Games is a show which fits in mass viewership category then i have nothing more to add. Tomorrow u may say that Barfi is a movie which falls in mainstream if it is aired on Star Gold or is available Netflix. Niche means it has appeal among select audience.... Such content can air anywhere or be available on any platform definition remains same
Yeah, things have changed since the merger of Disney and Star. Now all properties are exclusive to their own platform. There is no licensing of Disney's content. And If Sacred Games is niche I am Pamela Anderson.

Yeah, things have changed since the merger of Disney and Star. Now all properties are exclusive to their own platform. There is no licensing of Disney's content. And If Sacred Games is niche I am Pamela Anderson.
No buddy. There r several international movies and shows which r produced by Disney and its subsidiaries but disney does not hold its rights in India as well as in some other cases also in other territories. Also u did not answer the question i asked about 2 films mentioned in above post of mine which r produced by disney....ok how about telling why disney/star not having satellite or digital rights of the movie pearl harbor in India ? I can give u big list of such content . Also u r again wrong on saying that Disney does not do syndication agreements with others for its home production content, they do so for TV as well as OTT medium

If Sacred Games is a mass audience show as per u then Govinda movie Coolie No. 1 must be niche content according to u. 😉

On a serious note the niche / affluent audience base is willing to pay more for niche Indian and International Content and even advertisers show great interest to buy slots on OTT/Digital Platforms to cater to this audience in today's day and age. You may seeing all English GEc and Movie Channels available on TV r hardly having any ads thus making it loss making proposition for broadcasters. Though having said that i again reiterate that if good curated content is provided at affordable pricing then niche content can perform well on TV too barring shows which require censorship which won't be a fit for linear mode / TV Channels , OTT fatigue is real and broadcasters have a chance to boost / reenergise the niche channels business on TV

No buddy. There r several international movies and shows which r produced by Disney and its subsidiaries but disney does not hold its rights in India as well as in some other cases also in other territories. Also u did not answer the question i asked about 2 films mentioned in above post of mine which r produced by disney....ok how about telling why disney/star not having satellite or digital rights of the movie pearl harbor in India ? I can give u big list of such content . Also u r again wrong on saying that Disney does not do syndication agreements with others for its home production content, they do so for TV as well as OTT medium

If Sacred Games is a mass audience show as per u then Govinda movie Coolie No. 1 must be niche content according to u. 😉

On a serious note the niche / affluent audience base is willing to pay more for niche Indian and International Content and even advertisers show great interest to buy slots on OTT/Digital Platforms to cater to this audience in today's day and age. You may seeing all English GEc and Movie Channels available on TV r hardly having any ads thus making it loss making proposition for broadcasters. Though having said that i again reiterate that if good curated content is provided at affordable pricing then niche content can perform well on TV too barring shows which require censorship which won't be a fit for linear mode / TV Channels , OTT fatigue is real and broadcasters have a chance to boost / reenergise the niche channels business on TV
Every Disney property in India is exclusive to Disney Star's channels and Disney Hotstar+. Apart from second output deal of hollywood movies.

Again if Sacred Games is niche I am Virat Kohli without ugly tattoos.

There are ads on channels that is actually something unique like Colors Infinity and Comedy Central HD. They are streaming shows along US. They are even airing shows which aren't available on OTT platforms which creates interest. They are following AXN's strategy.

Every Disney property in India is exclusive to Disney Star's channels and Disney Hotstar+. Apart from second output deal of hollywood movies.

Again if Sacred Games is niche I am Virat Kohli without ugly tattoos.

There are ads on channels that is actually something unique like Colors Infinity and Comedy Central HD. They are streaming shows along US. They are even airing shows which aren't available on OTT platforms which creates interest. They are following AXN's strategy.

Just check again how many ads air thru various time slots across English GEC / Movie channels....on an average 3 or 4 in half hours that too in some prime slots....most english movie content is running ad free, with 1 break or at prime slots with just 4 or 5 ads all thru the movie. English GEC r in a even worse state as far as ad revenue is concerned.

Ofcourse Disney india local content would be exclusive to their TV Channels and OTT platforms. You made a point about worldwide content from Disney and its subsidiaries being exclusively available on their OTT platform and that they do have rights of all of it + do not share it with anyone via agreement / output deals....as i have said u r wrong in this so please accept it. Also u have still not answered the questions i asked u sharing names of Movies produced by Disney / 20th Century Fox whose TV + OTR rights r not with them in many territories including India...do u know why? Please answer if u say that u possess knowledge on this and even pointed out that i lack information on how things work in streaming industry ☺️

Just check again how many ads air thru various time slots across English GEC / Movie channels....on an average 3 or 4 in half hours that too in some prime slots....most english movie content is running ad free, with 1 break or at prime slots with just 4 or 5 ads all thru the movie. English GEC r in a even worse state as far as ad revenue is concerned.
Not as much as Hindi GEC. There are still ads to cause convenience to viewers. Anyhow I watch TV for shows not ads. ☺️
Ofcourse Disney india local content would be exclusive to their TV Channels and OTT platforms. You made a point about worldwide content from Disney and its subsidiaries being exclusively available on their OTT platform and that they do have rights of all of it + do not share it with anyone via agreement / output deals....as i have said u r wrong in this so please accept it. Also u have still not answered the questions i asked u sharing names of Movies produced by Disney / 20th Century Fox whose TV + OTR rights r not with them in many territories including India...do u know why? Please answer if u say that u possess knowledge on this and even pointed out that i lack information on how things work in streaming industry ☺️
No point of arguing with someone who thinks way highly of oneself and keeps arguing despite having zero knowledge about streaming industry. I recommend listening to something like Daybreak by Ken, Economic Times, InFocus by The Hindu podcast to acquire some knowledge about streaming market. Also follow OnlyTech forum and sites like Wired, CNET and Deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock