Breaking Republic TV Revamped with new Graphics

I’m sick and tired of almost every single English news channel using the Helvetica Condensed font, which is why I appreciate what Republic has done. Times Now was the original channel to use Helvetica Condensed, then ET Now, then CNN-IBN, which switched to Gotham when it became CNN-News18 (also used by CNBC-TV18).

Then India Today followed (used along with Gotham), and NewsX did the same as well. DD India uses the non-condensed version of Helvetica. At least NDTV 24x7 and Mirror Now use something else.

So all things considered this is a good step from Republic, as I’ve never seen this bottom ticker font before, even though I absolutely don’t like the channel otherwise. I wish Times Now, ET Now and India Today stop using Helvetica Condensed as it’s become too outdated and overused.

Last edited:
I’m sick and tired of almost every single English news channel using the Helvetica Condensed font, which is why I appreciate what Republic has done.

Interesting observation! In 2016, U.S. cable news network CNN launched its own font called CNN Sans for its on-screen lower third insert graphics. Indian channels should create their own unique proprietary fonts.

cnn-sans2.png

CNN Sans is just a knock-off Overused Grotesk. Most new fonts used online are either knockoff of that, Archivo, Public Sans or Inter.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock