PIC updated :My Multi LNB Setup- INSAT4A,Thaicom5,Asiasat5, Measat3/3a, Intelsat7/10

• Thread starter sunnyk
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 76
  • Views: Views 49,096

sunnyk

Reaction score
HI Friends,:wlcm

This is Sunny from Ahmedabad,I'm sat hobbyist, I've installed 'Universal' brand 6 feet C band dish. Primary LNB (Universal Dual pol 17K) is set for INSAT4A (signal-73% Quality-72%) now I'm trying to add one more LNB for Thaicom-5 but same is not happening, not even 5% signal..... moved dish all the way to get balanced signals of both satellites. :-/ I have also tried with different transponders of Thaicom-5 ( Global as well as Regional beam) but in vein. I think there is some little mistake which is creating this mess...there should be step by step method for this ..pls. give me directions.....

Actually my planning is to setup 5 LNBs (Asiasat3s, Asiasat-5, INSAT4A Thaicom-5, Intelsat10 birds) in my 6 feet solid dish....:huh I have studied all the stuff available on DDF & net to do the same...but as a matter of fact practical scenario will contribute more than theory stuff....

:c Experts : Pls. help me to setup the multi LNB dish.......pls.

Final Pic updated.....

:new :new :new
2u7nn2x.jpg

RE: Multi LNB -INSAT4-A & Thiacom not working together

Thanks Vishvish for the graphical explaination..... :tup

Thanks vishvish bro. For detailed information.. Will. Try today & update.

Just one confusion about distance between 2 LNB.As you are using 8 feet solid dish & mine is 6 feet solid dish hence I think distance will very close pls. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It will be very close, in case of 6ft dish.. i have tried AsiaSat 3S and AsiaSat 5, the difference between the satellites is only 5 deg, i mean AsiaSat 3S : 105.5 deg E and AsiaSat 5 : 100.5 deg E , the lnbf's had to be sliced with one another and in my case asiasat 3s was the prime focus and asiasat 5 was the side lnb, and there was specific spot, where i was a getting the signal of the side lnb, if i tilt little bit from the spot, i was missing the signal..

Kindly refer my following thread for more details with pics :

Link Removed

sun1983 said:
Thanks vishvish bro. For detailed information.. Will. Try today & update.

Just one confusion about distance between 2 LNB.As you are using 8 feet solid dish & mine is 6 feet solid dish hence I think distance will very close pls. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sure the distance between two lnb will be less on 6 feet for sure .

You can overcome the issue by bringing lnb closer to another .by cutting tne scalar ring where the lnb is placed . This issue is for insat and thaicom as thay are 4.6 d. Apart

Forget about as3 on offset .to prime 83

]Hi vishvish,bishwajit and all friends,
Thanks for your support...just right now I have tuned Thaicom5 with INSAT4A as prime. Getting total 204 FTA TV channels & 29 Radios......

Mine is 6 feet dish hence I have modified feedhorn by cutting edge circle to adjust Thaicom5 LNB.

Pls. Suggest now which bird I can configure in my current setup..
Thanks again for the great help...

Pls. Find attached :hrt pics.......:eek:hya:eek:hya
[attachment=678]
[attachment=679]

nice quick learner

now you can extend right side by placing another c band lnb for Intelsat 7/10. @.68 deg ,you get quite easly as this bird having powerful signal but it has less fta channels

and on left . if you have dvb s 2 reciver then . place a c band for ,measat @ 91 deg , and further for asiasat 5 @ 100 e .you may miss some tp's,you can enjoy fta hd channels on these two sats

thanks

vishvish said:
nice quick learner

now you can extend right side by placing another c band lnb for Intelsat 7/10. @.68 deg ,you get quite easly as this bird having powerful signal but it has less fta channels

and on left . if you have dvb s 2 reciver then . place a c band for ,measat @ 91 deg , and further for asiasat 5 @ 100 e .you may miss some tp's,you can enjoy fta hd channels on these two sats

thanks

Thanks bros.

This is wonderful & informative portal with Pplenty of master minds,,Without your help & guidance it's not possible, I will try these 2 birds & update pics at today night.. ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock