Sad News Experience that has left a bad taste in my mouth

Subha_007

Contributor
Reaction score
Hope you all are doing good! Today I am here to share a bad experience that has left a bad taste in my mouth and partially ruined my TV viewing experience for last couple of months.
In the third week of September, 2019 , as the Durga Puja was knocking on the door, made some purchases for home-
(1) Sony 32 Inch R202G
(2) Amazon Firestick
(3) Hathway HD connection
As many of you know for last few years I was enjoying the services of Tata Sky in my home and was extremely satisfied with their exceptional service. But as they were missing some of the small scale regional channels, I decided to go for a local cable services again and I did choose Hathway this time. My pain started just after this decision I made.
I received a card-less small STB, fairly good looking(Model No- HSV101). Was very happy for the couple of days as the HD channels performance was at par with some of the good operators out there. Form third/fourth day the HD chanels started freezing and many of the HD channels was staying black with/without sound. I complained, they rechecked the wiring and said everything was fine and advised me to have a watch on the channel performance for few days. And then it kept happening in a loop, multiple times. Once they took our STB for 5-6 days and gave a ordinary SD STB despite of paying for the highest HD package. As they don't have spare HD STB.
After they returned it, it started showing the same symptoms again. Now they stopped coming to check it also and started to ignore the visits.
One fine day I lost my cool and called him and exchanged few very nice words with him and that brought him back to his senses and he visited and added 2/2 splitter saying the signal power was too high on the line and it will resolve the issue. Unfortunately it did not. I requested STB swap a numerous times, they ignored.
At last today I went to their office and said that I will not pay from tomorrow as today marks the month end and I have paid till today. This finally ends my sufferings.

I have raised a SR to reinstall my TS connection. Expecting an installer visit tomorrow.

We know many of us discussed it here before also and I would reiterate the same here once again- cable is no where near to DTH players in terms of service quality. You atleast get the service you pay for.

I paid 2000/- rs for STB, 400/- rs for wiring, 600/- rs for package at the time of installation. I lost 3000/- rs without any return. I will earn that money again but the lesson I learnt, came with a very steep price.

Last edited:
That's why I was in a shock when u told me that u stopped using TS, that too when u even got a Super LNB and was getting awesome service.

Anyways good ur coming back to the family. :cool:
I made a costly mistake. I am the only one to blame here.

It's some bad LCO's defaming the whole industry. I have a GTPL Hathway connection. UI is bit laggy. But never faced any other issues. Coming to audio issues. I had that with SITI Cable. It was the HDMI cable. But my LCO happily replaced the whole box and accessories. Even when I wanted a box with a recorder. He happily gave me without any charges. But I agree they overcharge for boxes. Meanwhile you are eligible for refund of ₹750.

It's some bad LCO's defaming the whole industry. I have a GTPL Hathway connection. UI is bit laggy. But never faced any other issues. Coming to audio issues. I had that with SITI Cable. It was the HDMI cable. But my LCO happily replaced the whole box and accessories. Even when I wanted a box with a recorder. He happily gave me without any charges. But I agree they overcharge for boxes. Meanwhile you are eligible for refund of ₹750.
I don't think they will refund anything. They said no one else having problem except you. which is of course a lie. That's why I told them that, then your STB is at fault. They simply ignored that. I don't want my money back. I just want my mental peace back.

I don't think they will refund anything. They said no one else having problem except you. which is of course a lie. That's why I told them that, then your STB is at fault. They simply ignored that. I don't want my money back. I just want my mental peace back.
I don't think it's the set top box. It might be the small boxes they connect your box too. Which channels you faced issue?

I don't think it's the set top box. It might be the small boxes they connect your box too. Which channels you faced issue?
Colors,Star Sports, HD movie channels. Almost 60% of the HD channels were having the issue.

Then it's definitely not MSO issue it's the box issue. If popular channels has glitches all the rest of the customers would be complaining too.
Exactly that's what I conveyed. Anyway I am happy that I will not be wasting any more money on this.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock